Shots I took for photography workshop

Just recently, we attended a three-day workshop on Photography. It was wonderful, and we learnt a lot of principles and elements of good photographs, eg. catchlights(in portraits), rule of thirds, etc.

Here I am sharing (some) of the shots-good ones- which I took for the workshop. Most of them I took for home assignments.

We had to take a depth and perspective shot. I decided to
do something totally unique: I went on top of these slides
and took a picture from there. I wasn't sure how it would
turn out but it looks, well, nice.



We also had to take a night shot. I captured
these lamps against the night sky. I
really like this one.

A turkey. (We had to take two-rule-of-thirds-shots and the
head of the turkey(which was my main focus) is off-center.)
I found its head and beak really interesting, so I decided
to capture those. (It was kinda difficult, because the bird
wouldn't stay still).

A lovely pink rose, in full bloom(the rule of thirds, again).
A friend's shoes. They make a rather interesting subject,
don't they?  

Comments

  1. These photographs are fantastic, Zainab!! 8D (I heard about the photography workshop from Fatima's post and I wish I could've gone!) The perspective shot from on top of the slides is perfect! It's nice how the far edges of each slide stretches to a point in the centre of the photograph.
    Oh my God, the second one is simply amazing!! The flash of light amongst the dark sky makes it look so sinister. Such an impact! *0* It's also nice how that lighter streak in the sky matches up with the lamps too!
    As for the turkey, I love this rule-of-thirds technique! The perspective of the turkey from that angle really focuses your eye to the turkey's face! :D Omigosh yes I've had the same experience with turkeys - they don't quit moving! xD
    I also love how you applied the rule-of-thirds technique to the rose! The pink bloom of the rose to one side makes it appear so extravagant! <3
    You're SO right! Shoes do make an interesting subject! Your photograph of shoes has a great impact too! What I love about these kind of photographs is that they don't focus on the face of the person (or, most specifically, their expression), so you are made to wonder what they're feeling through the way they position their shoes. So good! :D
    I love these so much Zainab - you should definitely post more! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've really been missing your wonderful, long comments, Kenza!

      Thanks again. XD

      Delete
  2. I loved to see your photography, I like to do a bit of photography every now and then too. My favourite photo is the one you took at night because it's very clear despite it being dark. I imagine that it was hard to capture! Some of my friends are taking photography as a GCSE subject and they recently learned about the rule of thirds! I really like how you used it on the photo of a rose! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the night shot as well.It wasn't very hard to capture, because I took it just after dusk, and the lights didn't cause much of a problem either because the lamp's thick glass didn't let out sharp light.
      Photography as a GCSE subject must be rather interesting! I suppose it would consist mostly of practical photography tasks?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment