Birthday card-and present-for a friend

Hello everyone! I'm back again. Ramadan Mubarak to you all!

My (best) friend, Abiha, turned eleven the other day so I decided to share the gift and card over here(btw, I haven't given either of them to her yet, because we haven't met for quite a few days. :P Never mind. I never do manage to keep things secret for long. XD)

As I wasn't feeling particularly well(nothing, nothing, I just got a temperature)during the last week, I didn't have much time or energy to prepare a proper present for her, so I just made an embroidered fabric bookmark. It was an experiment. 
My sister was embroidering something for herself and I got pooped up just looking at her. I decided to embroider something too. I decided to make a unique embroidered bookmark. I found some brown fabric, drew a pattern on it, and then embroidered over it. The results were satisfactory, and so I sewed it at the back and washed it, and, well, it was done. It looked pretty awesome.
Below is a picture.
I had initially drawn flowers, but they looked awful embroidered,
so I tried hearts. Flowers are the stereotype and they look rather
typical. I like this better.

Aandd...the card...(on her last birthday I wrote 'It's terrific to be
ten'. I guess next year it will be 'It's tremendous to be twelve'
or something.
I made the card by cutting pink squares out of a magazine and gluing them to form a checkerboard. Later I lined the squares with a mustard pointer and drew spirals and hearts in alternate columns.

I also wrote 'It's epic to be eleven!' in super-bold typography. Well, I have to admit the typography isn't as epic as the rest of the card, but it'll have to do. Also, the ink smudged slightly(which I fixed on the computer), because I started erasing the pencil lines before the ink had dried. :/
Thank you. I'll be back-sooner or later. XD

Comments

  1. Ramadan Kareem to you too! :D (I'm super late - sorry about that, exams were in the way! D:) This present is absolutely beautiful! Omigosh you did the embroidered fabric yourself completely! :O It's amazing, no kidding! How on Earth did you make the hearts so pretty and the line that goes through it? It's perfect!! 8D I'd love to have a bookmark like that!
    I love the checked squares on the card so much! So pretty! The colour scheme you chose is great too! Not to mention, "it's epic to be eleven" sounds like a perfect motto. I remember the card you made Abiha from last year too! :D These crafts are really inspiring! I'm sure Abiha really liked it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at some of your labels since some of them really interesting! I love how varied your blog posts are-it's so great to look back at some of your older posts with interesting topics like sewing, pottery and woodwork! So unique! I have lots of creative hobbies too, so it's great to see a blog tat writes about lots of topics! :D

    megansmegablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a lovely bookmark-how on earth did you make it? Such neat embroidery! I am so bad at embroidery-I don't stay in the lines much and the curved lines on some shapes (such as the heart) gets a big mess on the cloth. The line is so neat and curves perfectly! I love the color scheme! Your card is stunning! The checkered design is wonderful!

    Love the gift all together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment