Digital Artwork: Plants overlooking the City

I recently started learning Adobe Photoshop and this was the first piece of digital art that I made on it. This piece is basically the digital equivalent of a collage/ mixed media artwork: all the elements in this composition - the window, wall, plants, etc. - were seperate photographs I gathered (most of them are from stock image sites Unsplash and Pixabay) and combined together to create this.

The concept for this painting came from me thinking about whether - in an alternate universe - nature could exist in its true, unadulterated form, looking at the industrialized, urbanized - basically destroyed - version of the earth where we live from afar. It was one of those weird ideas I often get. Nevertheless, I tried to translate that feeling into an image in this art piece.


Comments

  1. The concept you've described is so beautifully presented here! The idea of nature overlooking a city from afar seems so tranquil in comparison to the busy, polluted city down below. And if only that alternate universe were possible! I find it interesting too how you've used Photoshop to build up the picture... it gives a kind of Pinterest aesthetic. How did you go about separating the plants from their backgrounds btw? Was it with a selection tool? I'd love to see more of your Photoshop creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing information with us. If someone wants to know about web design and seo, I think this is the right place for you!
    Indus Design Works

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I really admire the color contrast which you've created between the world outside the window and the world inside the window, it also portrays the environment of both sides, the dark ones illustrate the harsh and dull world populated outside the window, whilst the light, subtle ones illustrate the calm, peaceful environment of the world planted inside.
    I also like the light comparison between both worlds, it's getting dark outside, whilst it's still as bright as day inside.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment